30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE

DAY 7

We started going to Holy-ghost Praying Center fully in the early 2000s, and this man was and is still is one of the core people in the church. He was in the choir with the then Bros Dare and still at that time we used to call him Bros Seyi, everybody would go to bros Seyi for any problem because he had this yearning for young ones then and we all felt comfortable talking to him. Then he became the media leader but he was still very much involved with the youths of the church wants to know how you're fairing and all.

Teen class eventually began and he used to be one of the guest speakers that come to talk to us occasionally until he became one of the leaders of the teenage Church which actually made us more comfortable with him. Then, I realized he had graduated from my Alma matter (Unilorin) he became that one person that I would go to just to talk about life. I got closer to him as time progressed and I can't even remember all as time proceeds. He became the choir leader and since I had graduated from the teen class at that time and now in adult Church, I worked directly under him.
For a reason or two, our family became close to each other and he would come to the house often, call to check on me to see if I was doing well and we formed a bond from there. At this time, he was no longer Bros Seyi, he was now Pastor Seyi (how hard it took to adjust from bros to pastor...smh). And then I won the visa lottery and omg...the parts he played is beyond amazing. He helped in filling the forms, finding a place to stay, he took my for my interview, he took me to get my passport, he took me to the airport. I can't even count all the things he's done for me.
So on the 7th day of my gratitude, I want to thank God for my very own pappi...my brother, my uncle, my friend, my confidant, my mentor, my advisor, my prayer partner, my support system, my spiritual father. PastorSeyi Olanrewaju...oh how I love you from the depth of my heart. Thank you for all the sacrifices you've made for everyone around you. Thank you for always being a blessing, thank you for your continuous encouragement. I am grateful for your big heart, I am grateful for your loving spirit, I am grateful for your humble self. I pray that the good Lord will make manifest His good plans in your life and has you have been a blessing to others both home and abroad, your children will not lack helpers. I am grateful for your life, your achievements, your drive, your zeal...your drive for success is unbeatable. I love you pappi

Just Writing

An enthusiastically emotional realist. I believe that life is not all about YES or NO but a few Mybes and In-decisions but your ability to figure it out makes you stand out. A lover of God and His ways and I believe that a Hopeless romantic is not bad because we view life in a romantic angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment