30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE

DAY 8

Back to my sojourn to the land of America. I already have always heard of her and seen her each time she came for the annual convention and just look at her from afar (how can one woman be this beautiful and all) and then one day, during her famous visit to the country, she was invited to teach the teenage class which gave a lot of us girls an opportunity to see her close enough, something we've been yearning for. That day she taught a topic that was very inspiring (I can vaguely remember it) but I remember vividly asking a question on lesbianism that very class (no I'm not a lesbian...)*large grins*.

So, when I heard she accepted me to come live with her...it was a whole lot of mixed feelings. Like, what if she don't like me, how do I not get into trouble with her, I don't know her dos and don'ts (being my first time of living outside of my parents) but there and then, I was willing to let God take the wheel. Then came the night that I arrived in the country, as the bush girl that I am, I couldn't eat much of what was given on the plane so I was pretty hungry. And immediately, she saw me, her first question to me was (where you able to eat what they served on the plane) Oh em!! Gee!!! My heart was filled with gladness as we got home and she had made a pot of delicious fried rice. And I ate till my joy was filled.

Five years, 7 months and 16 days since I have known her and I am filled with awe at who the woman is. She is the most loving, forgiving, sweet, beauuutiffuul, lady I have met. Her passion and zeal for God and His things amazes me a whole lot. I envy her so much she doesn't even know it. She inspires me to be better each day and I can say categorically that the reason why I am a better ME today is because this woman came into my life. She has molded me into this person that sometimes I wonder if it's truly me. She inspires me at the way she handles things and I would give it all just to make her proud.
So on the 8th day of my gratitude, I want to thank God for pastor Mrs Lolade Siju, my second mother, my aunty, my friend, my prayer intercessor, my advisor, my confidant, my chastiser, my reality check. I thank God for the day that I met you, I am grateful for the years I spent with you, I am grateful for the experience that I gathered from you, I am grateful for your impact in my life and my family. I am grateful because you have helped me developed a better relationship with everyone around me. I am grateful because of you, I am the young woman I am today. And all I can do is thank God for your life, and your family. I pray that the good works of the Lord in your life will never end. You will live to reap the fruit of your labor. Thank you Mother for loving me like you do. You are the absolute best.

Just Writing

An enthusiastically emotional realist. I believe that life is not all about YES or NO but a few Mybes and In-decisions but your ability to figure it out makes you stand out. A lover of God and His ways and I believe that a Hopeless romantic is not bad because we view life in a romantic angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment