KNOW THE DIIFFERENCE

WORK WITH IT

Image result for know the difference

I know many will wonder what it means... but in life, our ability to differentiate between a lot of things will help in making decisions and taking steps that will not only make us a better person but also help to help others. First of all, growing up can be tough on many of us because we did not understand the level of things that we got at that point. For those that were first born, only child or only sex child in the family, parents had the tendency to make us do a whole lot of house chores even at times when we don't feel well enough or better still in the mood for them. If I am not alone in this,permit me to say that we were saddled with the responsibilities of taking care of our siblings and ourselves and the entire house in general. At that point, I am sure that we saw it as a punishment, at least I did and I know a couple of friends that did too, grumbled about it and felt bitter with bottled up emotions and all that but the beautiful thing about it right now is that it has built us into the responsible adult that we are today. If at that point growing up as little kids, we knew the difference of what our parents were doing or see the people they worked into building us into, it would been easy to deal with those chores and not do them grumbling which would have saved us from a lot of things and not get punished for not doing the chores well.

Image result for know the differenceSecondly, when we get to a point of freedom, where we can make certain decisions for ourselves, God has laid down some golden rules, that we are expected to follow but not many of us follow. If we knew that the reason He said no sex before marriage was to prevent us from having to deal with soul ties, unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and heartbreak rather than the belief that God doesn't understand how hard it is to abstain from premarital sex and extra marital activities, not with all the peer pressure and hormones flying from place to place. Our ability to differentiate between our feelings from the word of God and understand that He knows better than us and is just looking out for us to prevent all these, would help us know that God telling to abstain from fornication is to protect us from all the sides that come with it

Lastly, in my short but seemingly long sojourn on earth, I have come to realize that we all at a point in life needs constructive criticism to be who God wants and has designed us to be. To build us, to mold us and to develop us. Now, our ability to differentiate between constructive criticism and someone plainly insulting our sense of reasoning will go a long way in helping us separate the weeds from the tares. Now, someone says to me, "you need to be  sharp in life so that you can make it" my ability to remove my emotions and see what they are trying to say to me will determine if I will use that statement to build myself or if I will wallow in self pity. Because I can decide to be bitter towards the person or I can decide to use the words and build up myself. In essence I'm saying that people will not always tell us what we want to hear how we want to hear it or how we want to hear it. But even in the midst of those sharp pangs and hurtful words, we can filter out those words that are intent to help us grow.


Knowing the difference will go a long way in helping us to relate well with people around us and help us to handle situations better. Someone is asking so how do I know the difference? Pray to God for a spirit of discernment. Ask for the strength to know when to pause and think before reacting. And the coolest thing about God is He will help you. I pray God helps us to grow and give us the ability in life to know the difference between the weeds and the tares.

Just Writing

An enthusiastically emotional realist. I believe that life is not all about YES or NO but a few Mybes and In-decisions but your ability to figure it out makes you stand out. A lover of God and His ways and I believe that a Hopeless romantic is not bad because we view life in a romantic angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment