YOU ARE UNIQUE

It's been a while people!!!
If I am fully back to writing on here? Not sure/Maybe
If I miss writing on here? Very much so
Feedback on my absent days? Sure one day.
Still keep the stories real? Definitely
Image result for you are unique

I have always wondered how unique God made each of us and how there are no two features that are relatably close to two different people; even if they are twins. Yes we can have some similarities in character and behavior but there are no two people that are completely the same in personality, character, behavior which of course brings me to accept the fact that we are all unique in our ways, with different destinies, future and a lot of things that are differently similar to each of us. A while ago, this word was dropped into my heart from the book of 2 Cor. 10v12; "For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise".

The first time that this word dropped into my heart, I was a little bit unsure why the word was dropped there because in the last few while, I have been self developing and growing, so in the midst of all these I was kind of taken aback when I got the word but I have learned with time that everything, or every word that I get, they are meant for a season and they are not to be dealt with lightly so I took it wholeheartedly. Fast forward to a few days later, I got to work on a beautiful Monday morning and excited for the new work week, a few things started to happen that I was NOT prepared for; and in that instant, I had started to feel self pity and it was like my jaw kept dropping at every thing. I had start to nag to God and complain about my current situation, why was I still were I was and why are things not working according to plan (comparing myself to other people that came way after me to my job) and then I heard the loud whisper of the Holy Spirit "For they that compare themselves with themselves are not wise" so I corrected myself instantly and thought that was the end of it.

Image result for they that compare themselves with themselves are foolish]A few days later, I had heard a news from a dear friend of mine and once she gave me the good news, I was genuinely happy for her but there came my loathing at the things that I was yet to attain and the loud whisper from the Holy Spirit (I say loud whisper because each time I hear it, it is very loud and clear) "For they that compare themselves with themselves are foolish" so I gently moved out of my self pity and gradually work my way out of it. It continued for the whole of last week as such; the devil trying to remind me of the things that I deeply wanted but wasn't getting, thank God for His word that is yea and amen because each time, that word reminded me that it is not wise to continuously compare myself with other people.

Now to those reading this, I know that many times, life will throw us things that we never expected or bargained for, but what I have also learned with time is that the greatest disadvantage we can make for ourselves is to look at other people and imagine us in their shoes or wonder why we don't have what they have. We are all unique in our different ways and though they might have what you deserve, it is better to get in your own season. God has made us completely with no faults or defects and if things are not happening as planned or as expected, it is only because the time is not yet upon us. There are no gains whatsoever in comparing ourselves with other people. Now I am not saying that we shouldn't look up to people and aim high to be like them, what I am saying is that there is no point in beating ourselves up and comparing ourselves to other people; always remember that you are unique in your own special way.

Just Writing

An enthusiastically emotional realist. I believe that life is not all about YES or NO but a few Mybes and In-decisions but your ability to figure it out makes you stand out. A lover of God and His ways and I believe that a Hopeless romantic is not bad because we view life in a romantic angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment